5 Min Quickstart
Welcome to DMXDeepInsight. Follow with this guide to learn how to register, signup, connect to data, build views, collaborate and publish using sample data.
Register with DMXDeepInsight
Start with registering with DMXDeepInsight. Follow the steps below to register.
- In your web browser, type, https://www.dmxdeepinsight.com/public.
- On the login page, click Register here.
- Fill the registration form.
- Click Sign Up!
Validate Your DMXDeepInsight Account
After successfully creating a DMXDeepInsight account, you will receive a confirmation email from us with an activation link. To activate your DMXDeepInsight account, click the link. You will be redirected to the DMXDeepInsight log in page.
Note: If you do not receive the confirmation email within a few minutes of signing up, please check your Spam folder in case the confirmation email got delivered there instead of your inbox.
Sign Into DMXDeepInsight
After validating your account, you are redirected to the DMXDeepInsight log in page. Your username is auto-filled, you must enter your password to sign in.
After you log into DMXDeepInsight, you will get a tour of the Homepage and its whereabouts.
Connect to Data
The first thing to do when you log into DMXDeepInsight is to connect to your data. Follow the steps below to connect to a sample Excel file.
- Click on the toolbar.
- In the Flat File tab and enter the dataset name > browse and import file from your system.
- Select a sheet and then click Add to DMXDeepInsight.
- Click Save.
Build Your First View
After you connect to your file data source, you are immediately redirected to the Workspace view. To get started, you will create a new workbook, “My Workbook” and create a new worksheet, “My Worksheet.”
- On the Workbook menu, click New Workbook.
- In the Create Workbook dialog, type My Workbook and then click Save.
- In the Create Worksheet dialog, type My Worksheet and then click Add.
In My Workbook, fields are displayed as dimensions and measures in the Data pane on the left side of the workbook. You can create views by placing fields from the Data pane onto the columns and rows decks.
From the Data pane, drag-and-drop State field in the columns deck and Quantity field in the rows deck. DeepInsight builds the default bar chart.
- From the Data pane, drag-and-drop the State field in the Filters deck.
- In the interactive panel on your right, unselect All values, then select fields you want to include in the view, and then click Apply. After that click Hide Deck to close the filter panel.
Show Data Labels
- From the dimensions pane, drag-and-drop Ship Date in the Color deck.
- Right-click Ship Date and change its date function to Quarter (Q1-Q4).
- Open the Color deck and select Macarons theme from the Select Color Palette drop-down and click Apply.
- Hover anywhere in the chart view and view the analysis in a tooltip.
New Chart Type
- In the chart accordion, click the Bar Chart, to open the chart palette.
- From the chart palette, Tree Map.
- Open the Options deck and select the Drill Mode checkbox.
- Click California. The segment is drilled to show quantity ordered per quarter for California. Hover mouse on Q4 to view the tooltip.
- Click SUM(Quantity) to return to the summarized view.
Collaborate With Others
After you create a view, you can invite your team members to collaborate on the visualization.
- On the toolbar, click to open the Collaborate view.
- In My Workbooks panel, go to My Workbook, and then click .
- Select users from the drop-down, click Share, and then after you are done adding users, click OK. Your collaborators will be notified via email that you’ve shared this workbook with them.
- To prevent your collaborators from making changes to your worksheets/dashboards in the shared workbook, click the open lock next to the worksheet and lock your sheet.
After you build a view, you can publish your view publicly or only to a specific group.