The Administration area contains license, user, and authentication settings required to set up and maintains DeepInsight use. Administrator users are there to ensure:
- Users have access to the system. This is done by creating users, assigning roles via User Management.
- View, Buy, Renew, Deactivate licenses via License Management.
- The authentication type for the users is defined. This is done by configuring an authentication method via Authentication Configuration.
- The email account is correctly configured. This is done by configuring an email account with DeepInsight via SMTP Server Configuration.
- The organization details are up to date. This is done via Organization Details.
Through the Admin Console, you can approve, edit and suspend users. The user lists provide you with the ability to browse all the users within the system according to their status. You can click the user to view its details.
Users whom you approve can access and use DeepInsight.
- Locate and click a user in the Pending Users list. The user details are displayed on the right. To activate a suspended user, locate that user on the Suspended Users list.
- Verify its role and then click Approve. The user is moved to the Approved Users list.
By using the search box, you can locate a specific user. This search box is present at the top of each user list.
Users may require changes to be made to their account such as; updating their name, changing their role/avatar, updating their email address. These changes can be made by locating and clicking the user in the Approved Users list. You can change roles of users who are pending approval or are suspended.
A user's role can be changed through the editing process outlined above.
To remove a user's access to DeepInsight, you can suspend a user, but this does not mean you’ve deleted their account.
- Locate and click a user in the Approved Users list. The user details are displayed on the right.
- Click Suspend. The user is moved to the Suspended Users list.
Your license entitles you to use DeepInsight and be eligible for support and upgrades for a specified period. It also defines the number of users entitled to use DeepInsight.
View DeepInsight License Details
To view DeepInsight license, click and open License Management in the Admin Portal. The License Details page tells you:
- The type of license: Named, or Floating.
- The number of analyst and subscribers in your license.
- License duration.
- Your license expiry date.
- Your license ID generated when you purchased a license for the first time.
- Various actions which you can take.
Add New License Request
You can add new license request by providing the payment reference number.
- Click + sign on the top of the License Management table.
- In the New License Request dialog, add the payment reference number and then click Generate Request.
View User Details
The User Details table indicate the number of approved users, along with their username, user ID, complete name, email ID, and assigned role. Click any row in the License Details table, users associated with that license are displayed in the User Details table.
Downgrade your license
Your license is valid for one-year and cannot be downgraded.
However, we offer 30-day Evaluation option, allowing you to use a fully functional server version of DeepInsight before you proceed with a purchase. What you'll be using during your evaluation is what you'll be getting when you buy. All installed evaluations include access to our engineering team and technical support resources.
While activating DeepInsight, you have configured the authentication method for your users. You can change this method anytime. Users already logged into DeepInsight will not be affected.
To change DeepInsight user authentication method, click and open Authentication Configuration in the Admin Portal.
SMTP Server Configuration
To set up a mail client that takes care of the delivery of your emails, it is necessary to configure an SMTP server. The configuration of SMTP server in DeepInsight is straightforward - open the SMTP Server Configuration page and add these parameters.
- SMTP Server (i.e., outgoing mail)
- SMPT port
- SMTP username: Your complete email address (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org).
- SMTP password: Your email password and then you confirm the password.
Organization details you fill while activating the service is saved on this page. All fields are editable.
Broadcasts are messages you can send to all users, or a group of users, with just a click. For example, unplanned server shutdown.
From the Active Users list, select All or a group of users > click Broadcast Message > Type your message > click Send.
Logged in users will get your message immediately. The message will appear as a notification on their notification center.
The Manage Profile of the Admin portal provides the options to manage your profile. Your profile contains your user settings. This includes your email address, your username, avatar, option to change your password, option to contact or send feedback to the DeepInsight Engineering team, and an option to log out.
Hover over the avatar on the top-right corner of DeepInsight window and see your username and email address used while installing DeepInsight On-premise or configuring DeepInsight Cloud.
Click the avatar, to view more options.
- To update your email address or avatar, click Edit Profile.
- To change your password, click Change Password. For security purpose, we need your current password.
- To contact DeepInsight Engineering team, click Feedback. There is a character limit of 512 words.
- To log out of DeepInsight, click Log Out.
Notification Center is the place where you’ve received alerts from your users. The Notification Center icon displays the total number of new alerts available. All new notifications are in green numerical. When you get a notification, go directly to the Notification Center on the top-right corner of DeepInsight window and click the banner that pops up. To delete all notifications at once, click Clear All.
Shut Down DeepInsight Server