December 1, 2017
DMXDeepInsight WARP 1.6 is now available! In addition to many important bug fixes, it brings support to Boxplot chart.
Box Plot Chart
This powerful new chart display distribution of quantitative data through quartiles. The advantage of analyzing a boxplot chart is that it takes up less space and useful when comparing distributions between multiple dimensions. The median is the mid-point of the dataset and represents the middle 50% of the data. The lower whisker is the minimum value in the dataset, and the upper whisker is the maximum value in the dataset. The upper and lower quartile are the first and third quartiles respectively.
Color Legend for Measures
This enhancement gives you the ability to choose from the pre-built color palette and customize color range for a measure in the Color Deck. When values are a mix of both negative and positive, you can use a diverging palette (combination of 2 or more colors). Otherwise, you can use a sequential palette (a gradient of the same color), when values are either negative or positive. Additionally, DeepInsight can also:
- distribute colors according to the specified stepped value
- invert the order of colors in the color range
- assign a full-color intensity to the starting and ending number of your measure
- set a limit on the color range
Several enhancements have been added to the Map Chart
- DeepInsight can now recognize Latitude and Longitude coordinates in your dataset and automatically assigns Geo role in the Data Pane. Till warp 1.5, these were recognized as string fields.
- Search Category: This is a new option in the Geo Role list lets you search country locations using International Standards Organization (ISO) (alpha-2 and alpha-3) and Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS).
- New Roles: Three now roles are added to the Geo Role list. These are Latitude, Longitude, and County.
The Shape Deck now allows dropping of dimension field on it. DeepInsight assigns default shapes to the chart.
DeepInsight smartly decides label font color depending on the applied color theme of that data point/chart segment. So, for a blue segment, label font is white. On an orange segment, the label font is black.
Now, published visualizations can be filtered. The Filter Deck would be displayed for published charts and dashboards if a filter was applied to it.
You can now edit parameter value directly from the Show Deck panel, without opening the Edit Parameter dialog. Just open Show Deck panel, and in the Parameter text box, type the new parameter value.
New Size drop-down that lets you control the overall size of your dashboard.